Friday, March 28, 2008

Eat Like a Horse

Today, I went to lunch with a couple co-workers. We were sitting inside enjoying the sun and simultaneously enjoying the break from the wind. Then I turned and looked out the window. Directly to my right was a family of four sitting in a Chevy Malibu eating lunch. Number one, I don't know why they were sitting in their car when they had just ordered and got their food to go. Number two, the exchange of self-imposed, awkward looks had to have been more than a little discomforting for both parties. I did notice that there was a young boy, probably nine or ten sitting in the passenger seat. He was enjoying his sandwich so much. And it suddenly hit me as piece of lettuce and chicken were being frantically gobbled up into his mouth...I think that kids chewing with their mouths open is kind of endearing. I know that all of our parents told us things like, "Chew with your mouth closed", but seriously...how great is it to see someone truly enjoying their meal? This kid loved his sandwich so much, he wanted everyone to see what they were missing out on. A kid and his sandwich...this is love.

1 comment:

naphtali said...

i enjoyed this read. watching a child in the act of "loving food" is quite endearing. i still prefer "mouths closed" though. but, cute read nonetheless!