Friday, July 18, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now?


I know; I know. It's been a long time since I have blogged. But give me a little break...it is summer, and there is so much on the schedule. However, I have not forgot to think about all of life's random quandries while on break. Nonetheless, last night, me and the roommates went to go see "The Dark Knight" at the midnight showing. Now, I'm not sure if its just Boise...or if its because it was a midnight showing...or if its a combination of many little things...but people were drunk! It was kinda ridiculous. We were sitting there and seeing person after person walk in--totally trashed. I had an epiphany last night while observing these fellow movie-watchers. First of all...when you're drunk, you think that no one can hear you. You continue to yell something over and over until people give you a satisfactory reaction. When in all actuality, everyone has been staring at you for a long time. Not only do drunk people think no one can hear them...but they also think no one can see them. So they wave their hands and do outlandish, crazy things for attention. When again, in reality, we've all been staring at your for some time. Why is it that people do this? I haven't figured it out. But aside from the drunks...the movie was great. Heath Ledger, you will be missed.

No comments: