Saturday, July 26, 2008

Friends are Friends Forever


Although it has only been a couple of years since I graduated college, I have realized that much of the memories are dimming. I however am fortunate, because I still live in the general vicinity of my school. Friends from college remain all over this area. Boe and Charla live just South of us...Kristen, Austin, and Stephanie live across the street from us...Josh, Hillary, and Taylor represent for Caldwell...and then there are copious amounts of friends that remain Nampons. Why is it so different from college still? Well, for one, we're all tired and in bed before midnight these days, whereas, in college we didn't even start homework till 1am or later. We also have to worry about jobs, money, and for many, spouses. College brings us all together.

Last night, I was pleasantly surprised to see the eclectic group of friends that gathered together at nothing less than the Canyon County Fair. First of all, Canyon County's fair is not the same as the Ada County fair, or the Hyde Park Street Fair. Secondly, like it or not, Kelly Pickler may be attractive (to say the least), but she can't write...all of her songs she had to say were "co-written". Nonetheless, as we were sitting there listening to Kelly Pickler, I saw friends...with friends...with friends...with spouses. It was a blast. After the highly anticipated fair, we went to Applebee's for 1/2 price appetizers. It was fantastic. All of those in attendance were:

Teri and Tony
Trista (Vote for Me-e-e)
Karen (welcome back from Seattle)
Marc Herring (the NNU Covenant legend)
Josh and Hil (the newlyweds)(http://joshandhil.blogspot.com)
Boe and Charla
Kristen and Austin
Me (token minority)
Taylor Lobb
Travis Green (the turtle)
...and the Moof.

No matter what...people may say it over and over again, but you must cherish those friends and memories. You never get it back.

3 comments:

marc said...

1. you forgot the Moof!

2. Teri's boyfriend's name is Tony...I think...

3. Am I so cool that I don't need a clarifier after my name or so boring?

Tracy Wilde said...

all i remember from this evening...is the very entertaining phone call...about a cat, who will remain nameless. such good times for me...i still can't stop laughing.

HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY!

katie henbest said...

to be your next Vp-e-e!