Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ode to the BCC

For those of you that don't know, BCCs are better known as Banana Cake Cookies. Since I have moved, this is one of the many things that I have found myself missing. Obviously friends are the top of that list, but nonetheless the BCCs are missed, too. I knew that once I got here to Oly, if I could find a record store and a coffee shop, I could start to make this place home. Batdorf and Bronson's brings me great french press joy, and Rainy Day Records has the best low-priced vinyls anywhere. I have found myself reading books that have a little bit more intelligence than my passed fiction novels starring the Cullen family. Here I am reading Banker to the Poor in Batdorf's...(Stephanie, you must read this book! Jojo you too.)

Also, I have been working at Hollister Co. which is a very different atmosphere from my previous job, but not unfamiliar still. Here are a few of my co-workers...they are so much fun. Patrick
Sooyun
Bre
Lindsay
Mary
Gret
Tom
Brandy and Nicole
Shannon
Megan

Enclosed are a few things I've began to ponder since being back in Washington:

1. Why was Miley Cyrus wearing shovies? (Short ovies, short over-alls)
2. I miss the nights wear we all sat around in the North End cottage discussing important things like, "Sarah: 'Lay off my creamy!' Austin: 'Poke Sarah's creamy!'
3. I wonder what Moof looks like speaking Korean (on-yung, hah-say-oh)
4. How many times will I run into Pip over here.
5. Will we ever again have a family reunion? Perhaps in Tahoe, or Venice, or NNU 2016.

I will start posting again. Internet has been limited. Boise, you are missed. 2C, not so much.

8 comments:

Kyle Rooks said...

Its about time a new blog showed up...2C sucks!!

Unknown said...

Jeff. You don't have to believe me but I totally had a BCC today! And I totally thought of you! How random. I'm excited to see you this week...if you get a chance call me before you get here.

marcushackler.com said...

Heffeman, you are missed here as well. Glad to see you back in the blogworld!

marc said...

i love BBCs.
ps. DK opened back up! but with a new asian family, who's 10 year old son works in the store. that's fun. the donuts weren't as good though. And they were only open 5am-2pm. WHAT?? that's bunk.

Stephanie said...

Jeff I am so happy to hear from you! I will start reading that book! Annyo Hassayo!

Anonymous said...

sigh... Boise misses you too Jeffrey!! Can't wait to see you at the wedding!! you will be there right?

=)

.:meagan.rae:. said...

Jeffrey. Boise/Capital/Meagan misses you. But look at all your co workers!! they seem fun :) i repeat Keiks' post... can't wait to see you at D's wedding!!!!! :)

markfrancey said...

I Miss you Heffe Greene!!! So does Rachelle and Fancy!!! Sorry I missed you at wedding- Rachelle was super sick and Kenz freaked out right after ceremony. Love you bro come home soon!