Friday, August 15, 2008

Hit Me Baby One More Time


Today features the final member of the immediate family of friends. If you have been keeping up with my blog lately, you will have had a few different clues as to who the baby of the family is...she has just started dating this foreign guy from 2C, she is the "heart" of the family, and...she is Asian/Pacific Islander. It is our little sister, Jolleen! Ms. Quimba has this innate way of relating to people. Jolleen can walk down the street, see someone, and suddenly develop a heart for them. I don't think that I've ever met someone so full of blessings. Often times in church, we hear about this metaphor of being "over-flowing". I sometimes wonder if Jojo will ever run out of encouragement. When you see her, you are greeted with one of two faces--a big smile and a little giggle, or what I affectionately call her Filipino face (which is when she scrunches up her lips and turns her eyebrows down). Regardless, she is always full of emotion. Jojo is the baby of our family for many reasons. For instance, Jolleen always has to go to bed early (because of her job), she is sometimes unconsciously ignored when she makes comments, and she lives with Mom still. Plus she's mom's favorite, so clearly she is the baby.



Joey is an elementary school teacher, so she has many art supplies and is more crafty than she gives herself credit for. Just two Christmases ago, I got Jojo a Magnadoodle, and perhaps I'm biased, but I think it was an amazing gift! Growing up in this family (with a bunch of talkers) Jolleen has learned to be a great listener. If you have any concerns or stresses, our little sister is the remedy. I'm sure our tiny, little sister would be a huge blessing in anyone's life. Unfortunately, Uncle Marc is headin' to L.A. to try and make it as a musician, I'm moving for a job, Auntie Moof is traveling again, Dad has left mom and is pursuing other dreams, so we will be missing out on our blessing-refueling sibling. But good news for all of you--Joey will have more to go around. So look her up...and be encouraged.

6 comments:

Giordi said...

You nailed these descriptions of your "family", at least the ones of the people I know. I love this! What about you? How do you fit in??

marc said...

Awww...

katie henbest said...

this is wonderful. she is one of my favorite people in the entirety of the world.

Mandy Mucci said...

A perfect description.

J said...

Jeff, thank you so much. That was all VERY kind of you. It didn't make me cry but I definitely had a huge smile on my face while reading it. You'll have to post some thoughts on Olympia here pretty soon!

katie henbest said...

Jeff! more posts!!!