Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Tribute to the Family


I think that no matter what situation you're in; it is completely natural to create a family-type unit. From birth, most of us experience some sort of family atmosphere, and become accustomed to it. When you leave that traditional home, you surround yourself with a similar unit and take on roles whether you mean to or not. Post college, some of us have realized that we have all began to form this sort of family. We are known as the "Leftovers" because many of us didn't hang out while in college, but since we're out of college, live in the area, and have mutual friends--we are now "family". In honor of this family unit, I have decided to dedicate one person to each day, that way you can get to know them as well.


Today, I have decided to start with our mom. Because I am truly a mama's boy (I love my mom)...I thought it only appropriate to start with the mother figure in our new family unit. Sarah Walker. She is such a fantastic person. She is the type of person that bakes cookies for guests...or picks you up from work/school...and when you tell a sketchy joke, you look to see her reaction (you know, see how much you can get away with). Haha. Sarah is a woman that lives a life you can't help but respect. She has such charisma and is directed by an empathetic pull. When you're little, typically, you want to go to your mom for compassion and understanding. Many dads struggle with this concept a little. Which is exactly why Sarah is our mom. She deserves a day off...is there such thing as "Fake Mother's Day"? We should have one in her honor. She works her tail off. Hats off Sarah...we look up to you in more ways than you'll ever know.

5 comments:

Sarah Walker said...

This is such a fun idea! I love it! I am honored that you would start this tribute of the week with me! Thanks for everything you said in "my tribute"! You are too kind! Thanks for leaving out the part that makes me mom like because I am bossy!:) I started a blog, I can't believe it....hope you like it!

J said...

Dang it Jeff. I am going to read these and cry every time. We truly all do love each other don't we.

katie henbest said...

shoot, sweet Jeff, this is fantastic!

Giordi said...

So true. Although she could also be the dad. Have you heard her dad jokes?? Classic.

i am Ryan said...

Your family portrait is very impressive.