Monday, December 29, 2008

Snow, Syrah, and Saddle Creek


While others decked the halls and climbed their Rose Suchak Ladders...I sat at home with T-wise on Christmas. Working in retail is a tough profession for various reasons. One of the biggest reasons is because of the phenonmenon known as the "Holiday Rush". Now, while most people are listening to Christmas music and hanging Christmas lights on their houses, we in retail are pushed to our last nerves. Between angry customers, crazy kids let loose in the mall, and working all hours, everyday...is there any reason why we wouldn't be in festive moods? Basically, on Christmas, all I wanted to do was sit back, eat, and relax. It ended up being so snowy, there was almost no way to get out of the house anyway. Granted, T-wise and I did go and see a movie, "Bedtime Stories" (kind of a cute family movie). After all of the lovey-dovey, happy endings from the movie...we rushed home and I had to put on a Saddle Creek vinyl. Listening to the humdrum of mandolins and piano put me right back into the right mood. All in all, my Christmas was anything but festive...and yet, everything I needed. At least as far as I can tell, all I needed was rest. But family and festivities definitely lacked, and if I dwell on their absence too long...I might sink into a melancholical haze.

1 comment:

katie henbest said...

glad you had Saddle Creek to keep you company at least...what would we do without Saddle Creek really???