Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Did they run out of fabric?


As many of my friends have moved on and gotten married, it has been inevitable that some of them have started having kids. At first it seemed incredibly daunting, but I'm over it. I think. Anyway, because of the sudden upswing in children...I have found myself in the infant/toddler sections of stores from time to time. I discovered that there are many clothes that have the "layered look" for kids. This is obviously just a look. It is a hastle to put on actual layers, so they simply sew the clothing to look like it is layered. This totally makes sense...for toddlers.

I went to Karcher Mall with Jeremy a week or so ago...and I was persuaded into venturing into Burlington Coat Factory (we're more than just coats). Here I found loads of clothing, most of which was made for the Big and Tall shoppers. But I also found shirts with the "layered look" for adults. This I don't understand. Did they simply run out of fabric and decide that it would be too hard to put on two shirts? Or did the "designer" decide that this piece would be for the thrifty shopper that is too cheap to buy two shirts? Hmmm...I wonder.

No comments: