Thursday, June 5, 2008

Greased Lightning


I have a conundrum that I sincerely wonder if anyone knows the answer. Why is it that when we have dry skin we put on lotion? And many times this lotion, like Body Butter from the Body Shop is fairly greasy. This doesn't seem consistent. Let me explain. Have you ever been sitting next to someone in an airplane, or on the bus and looked over only to find that there is a large pile of coconut shavings on their shoulder. Well, let me clue you in...its not coconut. Its not snow either. In fact...it is dry skin, better known as dandruff. If you let your eyes, inconspicuously of course, wander from their shoulders to their hair...you'll most definitely find a greasy coif. Now...why is this? If their hair is greasy, why is there dry skin flaky off for us all to inhale? What is it that gets rid of dandruff? I mean, sure we all remember the Head and Shoulders commercials. I thought that Head and Shoulders must kind of be like hair lotion. But this doesn't make sense...if you're hair is greasy, you'd think that we wouldn't have a problem with dry skin. But its just the opposite. Dry scalp equals greasy. How baffling. Why is this?

1 comment:

i am Ryan said...

All I'm gonna say is I am whole-heartedly against lotion in all forms in all ways. And now that I say this I think I've written this on your blog before, so I will stop now.

On another note I found two new bands today that I really like:

The Cool Kids- old skool/new band hip-hop.

Fleet Foxes- baroque pop. early shins-esque with more gospel/bluegrass influence.