Monday, October 13, 2008

This Is Why I'm Hot


Number one, I had a boss that secretly liked this song, so this post is partially dedicated to him. (You know who you are). But the main reason for this post is a simple conundrum that you may or may not have experienced. Have you ever seen a person blow on cold food before? Clearly, when you're little, your mom blows on your steaming hot mac and cheese so that you don't burn your toddler, sensitive mouth. And we all have various degrees of sensitive teeth. But why on earth would you ever logically believe that blowing on a spoonful of ice cream is going to help at all. Have you seen this? The other day, I went to get pumpkin ice cream with oreos and whipped cream from Cold Stone (thought of you Keiks and Trace)...and saw a middle-aged woman blowing on her ice cream as if to "cool it down". Am I missing something here?

4 comments:

@ustin said...

blowing is just sometimes a natural reaction before putting food in your mouth. I bet she wasn't even thinking about it... kinda like an ex-smoker who reaches for a cig in their pocket every once and a while.
OR
She was trying ColdStone's new "sex on the beach" ice cream, that always requires a blow first ;)

.:meagan.rae:. said...

OH my gosh! haha i totally ALMOST did this last night with my salad! and then i laughed at myself because there IS no reason to blow on cold food.i think it's just a natural habit!

J said...

@ Austin: Really? You just said that? *awkward luluughh*

People totally blow on food that is already cold! I had never thought of that before! How funny.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh... I want coldstone right NOW!!! That my favorite ice cream creation EVER!! =)