Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Desmond is nowhere to be found..."


Today, I got up early and flew out from Sea-Tac to Boise. It was an early morning, and with little sleep from the previous night as well...I was exhausted. I kept falling asleep waiting to board, and I realized that if I did, I would be dead to the world. So, I needed to do something to keep me occupied. I decided to play what I've named, "The Lost Game". Here's how it works. You look at all of the people that you're flying with, also waiting to board. You start pondering what their professions are and what they would contribute to the culture on the island, if we crashed. Then you look at the supporting cast, and those that are probably just going to be extras in the background. Today, I spotted someone that I think would've flipped and joined the Others if push came to shove. Two kids and their mom sat right behind me on the plane...and I'm sure they would've been casualties. Sad I know. And I think that I saw a brother-sister relationship that would've been much like Boone. A small role, but not much meat to the character development. This game definitely kept me awake, and I boarded the plane. Made it back to Idaho...and am set for a great, relaxing visit.

2 comments:

marc said...

you love LOST. Don't even deny it.

jennifer lee said...

mike and i do this when we fly, too! it was interesting when we were waiting to board our flight to alaska last summer, we had plenty of the rough & tough "Sawyer" types...it could have been interesting!