Saturday, February 7, 2009

Looks Do Matter!

I have come to terms with the fact that I truly am treated differently based on what I'm wearing. It's unfortunate, but when I'm in my Abercrombie (work) clothes, people ask me the most ridiculous questions. Here are some of the comments.


"Hey, you a Duke man?"
"How often do you go tanning?"
"Didn't I see you on the treadmill yesterday?"
"Do you get to like, date every girl that works here?"
"Should I tuck the front part of this shirt in?"
"Will you come to Victoria's Secret with me?"
"Do you think T.I. is innocent?"

But when I'm in my normal get up...what I choose to wear when I'm not at work, the questions are totally different. They're more like:


"What'd you think of the new Andrew Bird album?"
"Don't you hate it when people buy albums only on iTunes?"
"Want some of my homemade granola?"
"Should I get a vegan tattoo?"
"Got a lighter?"
"How do you feel about Neitzsche?"

These are all things that I've been asked by complete strangers. Not people that I know...just random walk-by strangers. It's so bizarre to me that my clothes cause me to live such a double life. I mean...what's a vegan tattoo anyway?

No comments: