Thursday, February 5, 2009

Your Secret Admirer


As dumb as it sounds, after I got one of those cheesy conversation hearts at work, mine said, "Your Secret Admirer", I started thinking about how much I loathe Valentine's Day. It's a day of extremes. We're set to promote extreme affection and love, or extreme loneliness. How fun. What a great day to celebrate. For me, more times than not, it has been a holiday that I choose to pass through. But this year, I've decided that I'm going to go ahead and pay tribute to the candy heart; to whom I admire. Please enjoy.

Krist and Kelly Wilde have shown me such great support. Not only just the amazing impartations of teaching, but their wisdom and constant faith in me is something that I have never experienced before. I admire both Krist and Kelly's desire to further the Kingdom. They are such strong pillars of faith.

In a similar way, Tracy Wilde has such a fervor for faith. But what I admire most about Trace is her vintage desire to disciple. Much like traditional rabbitical teachers, I believe Tracy has an innate ability to possess spiritual attraction. People seek her out. Her spirit is stretched in so many directions, and the giftings that God has given her are so diverse. The platform that God has built for her is grander than any I've personally seen. I admire her perseverance greatly.

Jolleen Quimba is the single greatest example of genuine empathy. Although my understanding of this is frequently ignorant, the ability she possesses to feel and genuinely care about people is magnanamous. People that she knows, she hears about, or sometimes even just sees can experience what I call "only's" solely because of her. "Only's" are those specific times, when in retrospect, you can look at your life and remember that one and only event. I really believe that Jojo is a minister of love. She'll talk to people with such a kind word, I believe her impact is far greater than we can ever imagine. She will change the world.


Another friend that I admire is Tom Foisy. I have this admiration of Tom because of his love for people as well. His love for God is so apparent when you're around him. Instantly, you know that he is a man of great faith; a man that believes there's nothing too big for God; a man of God.

On the flipside, Stephanie Rooks is one example of what God has asked women to be. She is a giver. Stephanie is so selfless. You will never meet someone that is so willing to give themselves to the "cause". The determination Stephanie has deserves great admiration.


My boy Adrian Gomez has such a desire to be better. To achieve. I can't believe how determined he is to get to the next level, whatever that is. I am amazed with him.

Meagan Murphy is a true worshipper of Christ. There's nothing more beautiful than someone opperating in their gifting that God has given to them. It's so amazing to see someone do what they love to do...what they were made to do. Meagan I admire you for your joy...for your Davidic worship...for your reckless abandon.


Of course my HLP, Marc Herring is someone that I can't express how much I admire. I know that if you know Marc, you know that he has a constant willingness to show grace to people. We talk about the grace of God so much as Christians, and I know that Marc has this down pact. Marc shows this grace and mercy.

Lastly, I have to include Shane and Kirsten Grove. Not only are they admirable as parents and husband and wife. But they are also examples of never-ceasing prayer. Prayer is something I've grown to love, desire, and cherish. This is greatly because of Shane and Kirsten. Without them and their direction, who knows where I'd be. Thank you to all of you.

Looking at all of these things I admire, they are mostly because of the way people interact with others. Their love for people. This is what I admire most.

7 comments:

.:meagan.rae:. said...

AWW Jeff! Thank you for the shout out :) you're the best, we definitely miss you around here!

SimplyGrove said...

Thanks Jeff!!!!! Get back to Boise already!!!

katie henbest said...

this was lovely, Jeff!

J said...

Oh dear. This is too much. Thank you Jeff...I don't really know what else to say!

Tom said...

Jeff thank you for the kind words. I miss you man. When do we get to hang out again?

Kenziepoo said...

Wow...Marky, me and Fancy didn't make the post huh?? Sad day!!

Tracy Wilde said...

wow jeff..thanks for the wonderful sentiments!! this was the best Valentines Day gift ever!! love ya heaps friend...sure miss ya!