Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chalk One Up!


I know that for many people the sound of fingernails on a chalk board is excruciating. And for Kyle, the sound of felt or cotton gives him the heebie-jeebies. Although, I'd never heard of it...you know the hologram stickers and things that change when you tilt them in different directions? The sound that a fingernail makes across it (zip, zip), Keila can't handle. It makes her pee her pants. Well, not really, but...she hates it. We all have sounds that for some reason or another resonate in us so negatively that our blood pressure rises and we want to escape. For me, this sound can be found while partaking in eating. Growing up, I always hated putting the dishes away because of the clanking of silverware. Since then, my peeve has evolved...I now am unable to cope with the sound some make while scraping their teeth off the end of their fork or biting things off of their spoon. For some reason, I literally get sick to my stomach. Good ole Emily made me dry heave a few times when we lived together for the summer...out of all of us, I think I was the only one that was troubled by this noise infraction that summer. But I ask of you...why not use your lips? Or your tongue? Your teeth are not needed to eat with a fork!

2 comments:

kylee said...

emiLIE! remember mine? that summer was so fun being with you and acknowledging all strange happenings without having to say a word

Unknown said...

first of all i have never peed my pants due to that sound, it does nearly send me into convulsions though! and second, I think that pet peaves that are found in as common and regular a place as eating should be gotten over and delt with! its going to happen and its going to happen a lot so you might as well learn to live with it! haha =)