Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Christina says, "Wanna get dirty..."


Today, we live in a country where cleanliness has almost gone out of style. We've even reformed and progressed passed what many would call the "Grunge" phase. Other countries such as China are bringing people in to teach about hygiene and the importance of being clean. But here in America, parents are supposed to do this task...and clean has almost begun to go out of style.

The other day, I was talking with some friends about how Stephanie should keep the possibility of dreads open. Many of our friends think this is a terrible idea. They think that Stephanie has beautiful hair already...which she does. But in my mind, dreads are not the option you do because you have bad hair...but just another hairstyle to consider. There are clean and dirty dreads; it all depends on what you want. But it is weird to me that aside from dreads, bed head and unwashed hair is kind of a style. I admit, I fall into this stereotype sometimes, but why is it that we are okay with dirty hair, but not other dirty things. Could our society have just as easily made dirty feet or dirty armpits a trend? So do you have dirty hair?

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I must say that it has been a few days since I have washed my hair... eek!

Glad we found each others blogs! Also glad I found your awesome friendsies... who from PL are you hanging out with???

Jenni said...

you don't know me.
I have dreads.
I love them.
I've had them for two years.
and I am the cleanest clean freak EVER!
and I wash my hair.
learn things before you judge.