Sunday, January 25, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now?


If you were to take one look at me...what would you think I was listening to? Don't get this confused with a previous posting by me regarding theme songs. Just by looks, what would you guess I was listening to.

Have you ever wondered what people are listening to on their ipods? I have found myself very curious of this lately. So curious, that I play a game with myself...guessing what it is that they're listening to. Today at Panera Bread, there was this guy, by himself...listening to his headphones and reading a play manuscript. "What is it that he's listening to?" I thought. In all actuality...I don't know. And I won't ever know, unless I go and ask him. I decided that I thought he was listening to either Wycle Jean's the Carnival or "Single Ladies" by Beyonce. Either way...it was kinda fun to guess.

For instance...

Jake Lee: Avril Levigne (sorry, don't be offended)
Katie Powell: Janis Joplin
Tracy Wilde: Michael Buble
Sarah Walker: Rascal Flatts (even though I know this isn't true)
Austin Zander: Linkin Park

Of course these are only if I didn't know these individuals. And I don't really think that this says anything about the person. But it is a fun game.

9 comments:

Kern Style said...

Judging from that picture right there, I dont know maybe the arcade fire

@ustin said...

haha! I haven't listened to Linkin Park in forever...so wrong, but nice try

@ustin said...

ohh and for you< I'm gonna guess something Killers. "spaceman" or "human" perhaps!?!

jeffrey greene said...

I hate the Killers! And I forgot to say that I would guess Derek Henbest...Panic at the Disco. Haha.

katie henbest said...

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff - have you heard new Killers though??!!! i wasn't a huge fan of them either before this new album but oh man, is it a dance party!

Derek said he would think Fleet Foxes if you were in your indie get up. Kanye West in your Hollister-ness.

katie henbest said...

oh....and go ahead, tell me what you'd think if you passed me listening to tunes....... (not in my Spears skirt, mind you)

jeffrey greene said...

Katie...if I saw you walking down the street in Boise I'd think you listened to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. If I saw you in Olympia, I'd guess Elvis Costello. If I saw you senior year of high school I'd think Enrique Inglesias; and if I saw you in junior high, in toronto, at Wonderland Theme Park...I'd have to guess Brandy or Shania Twain. Haha.

katie henbest said...

oh Enrique. ha! hilarious Jeff.

Sarah Walker said...

Ugh...I'm offended.