Friday, January 2, 2009

Tunage of Two Thousand Eight

Today I was thinking about how often we spent time making top ten lists for the Brick House's Top Ten Cafe. I don't even know if the Brick House continues its legacy, but nonetheless, in 2002, we spent a lot of time coming up with less than clever top ten lists. Top Ten Girls that are Marriage Material, or Top Ten places to Twix...and today, I have my Top Ten Albums of 2008 for you.




Now, the albums I listened to the most included some of the above albums, but mostly I spent my time listening to the following:

Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton-Knives Don't Have Your Back
Into the Wild Soundtrack-Songs by Eddie Vedder
Sunset Rubdown-Shut Up I Am Dreaming
Animal Collective-Campfire Songs
Neva Dinova-You May Already Be Dreaming
Arcade Fire-Neon Bible
Beck-Modern Guilt
Belle and Sebastian (everything)
Bright Eyes (everything)
The Cure-Wish
The Weepies-Say I Am You
Led Zepplin (everything)
Paul Westerberg-14 Songs
Georgie James-Places
Lullaby for the Working Class-I Never Even Asked for Light
M.I.A.-Kala
Maria Taylor-Lynn Teeter Flower
Azure Ray-November
Commander Venus-The Uneventful Vacation
Orenda Fink-Bloodline
The National-Alligator
Sorry About Dresden-The Inconvenience of Indecision
Bowerbirds-Hymns for a Dark Horse
Of Montreal-Sundlandic Twins
Rilo Kiley-The Execution of All Things
Jenny Lewis-Rabbit Fur Coat
Rocky Votaloto-The Brag and Cuss
Ryan Adams-Easy Tiger
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin-Broom
Spoon-Ga Ga Ga

And the biggest disappointments...
Interpol-Our Love to Admire
Nick Drake-Family Tree

I feel like I'm in a little bit of a rut...so if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears! Happy listening.

4 comments:

katie henbest said...

enjoyed your top ten, dear friend...glad to see the Henbests have a few of the same in their Top. :)

thrilled you listen to Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin...they are a hidden gem aren't they?

Lindsy said...

Ohhh, Brick House! Good times!

@ustin said...

hey heffe, good list! some i dont' know..but that's expected. I did a top 10 on my blog too! check it out

J said...

Marc got me listening to Radiohead and Sigur Ros. I'm going to have to check out Maria Taylor..I know you and Katie both like her! I mentioned you and Marc and our Book Club in my new blog yesterday. :)