Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bratty Bratz


My younger sister and I used to fight constantly. When we were little, we would simply pick fights with each other. Its strange how often siblings do this. I remember getting into verbal fights, bantering back and forth, for quite awhile...and for some reason frequently in the car. Life is not like Full House despite what many people might think. In fact, its as far from that as possible. If I have to hear another "Sorry Deej" from Stephanie I might hurl. I'm pretty sure that parents make their kids watch these shows with hope that their kids will mimick this lifestyle...but of course that doesn't happen, kids just mimic video games and other violence.

For me, it was an ultimate satisfaction to call my sister the dreaded "b" word...BRAT! She would give me a great gift of appaulled reaction...and I knew that this was the key to winning the fight. Doesn't it seem weird that little kids are now calling each other names that we never would have dreamnt of voicing, especially in the presence of our family. But nonetheless, kids today shout a completely different "b" word towards each other, siblings, and maybe even authorities (i.e. teachers, parents, etc.). What has happened? Is there going to be a new "s" word...

1 comment:

that girl, alina said...

i still use "brat".

hey, do you have The Shack yourself? if so, i would like to read it... but can't get it here in J-pan. would you lend it to me through Marc? I will be seeing him next week (random, i know) and i could squeeze it into bus time... and send it back? what do you say?? ;)