Saturday, April 5, 2008

Seatbelt-ema...


So last night, I was hanging with the usual peeps...and "seatbelts" came up in conversation at two different times. I realize, that this is not that exciting of a post, but seriously, when do you ever talk about seatbelts? Generally, I only ever mention seatbelts when we're checking to make sure people have them on and fastened. And even then, it's kind of a give and take sort of situation. I remember riding in our '67 Chevy pick-up with my dad, and there weren't even working seatbelts in the cab...so in all actuality; seatbelts almost never come up in conversation. Last night though, our new-found Fruitland friend received what I've decided to call, a "seatbelt-ema". In other words...the seatbelt fasteners, that are anchored in the seat sticking straight up, did exactly that, it went straight up the chute. What an odd situation; and yet, I have to wonder how often this has happened to other people. Granted, only a native Fruitlander would ever voice this occurence (Just kidding Ms. Raul) and yet, we've all crammed into cars before and it is a distinct possibility that others too, have received a seatbelt-ema. Fruitland...you're not alone (probably).

No comments: