Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Inspiration


When someone talks about inspirational calendars I always think of the climber, with one hand dramatically gripped to the cliff...hanging in mid-air...and the line reads something like "Perseverance" or something to do with "living" life. I began thinking about other months of inspiration like the hang-glider and such. Who really got inspiration from these pre-x-gamers? Did someone really see a climber risking his/her life at sunset as inspiration to go and persevere through their mediocre job? I wonder...how did someone make money on this concept? Granted, people have made money on far dumber things (i.e. pooper scoopers, koosh balls, and those little "pill-like" things that expand into little animal shaped sponges in water), but let's all be honest, inspirational calendars...they've got to be on this list. Let's take a hippie's point of view:

"Art is my life, and my life is art...every drop in the ocean counts" -Yoko Ono

Be inspired...or not.

3 comments:

i am Ryan said...

I gonna go ahead and say that I don't find any inspiration in cliff-hangers, calenders, or yoko ono.

thanks for your thoughts on my last blog.

and you should get rid of the word verification on comments.

i am Ryan said...

yeah, that stupid thing where you have to type in crazy looking letters to leave a comment. but you know that now cuz they are gone.

katie henbest said...

for the record, i LOVED those pill-shaped sponge things that changed into animals...LOVED.

i know you are not surprised.