Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wrastlin'...


I proudly plead ignorance on this topic...but why is it that girls want to wrestle? Being a basketball player, I never have given much thought to the subject. But then the other night, a bunch of us were hanging out and the topic surfaced. Eeyore gave an invigorating argument for the discussion of basketball vs. wrestling (or wrastlin'). One point that he made was girl wrestlers. As far as I can tell, girl wrestler's are messed. I mean, they are one of two things...either they want to go roll around with nearly exposed dudes (if so, that seems like they're a little too excited about the chance...and really, if this is their chance to do so, they MUST be messed) or they don't see any sort of arousal in it...and are just in for the sport (which means their names are probably Helga or Charlie...aka men). All in all, girl wrestlers are messed. However, wrestling stat girls...they're a completely different breed. Guys that go out to meet their opponent would much rather see the cute girl taking his stats down, then march up to the girl that exposed her weight the same as your own. Sorry girls...but if you want to get the guy...wrestling as a sport isn't the way to do it. Take Chyna for instance, she is a ridiculous example of steroidial overdose thus concluding her to be frigid. Sad I know. If we really dig deep, I know this exposes some prejudices and sexism, but in all actuality, I just don't get it.

5 comments:

kylee said...

thanks for taking work off! can't wait to see you!

katie henbest said...

well i guess my dreams are crushed.

J said...

I like the white a whole lot better. Nice choice.

And, I'm laughing at Katie.

J said...

And really? Eeyore? Is that who I think it is. Ha ha ha again. I think the whole girl wrestling thing is simple. They are girls who want to play a physical, full contact sport. There is not one sport for girls that is a full contact sport. Heck, even though I was a volleyball and basketball player there were times when shoving the dumb girl over seemed like the best idea. And I think this whole mentality creates the anticipation and excitement when we get to play Powder Puff. You think of girls who were ridiculous at Powder Puff and some of them would have been good wrestlers I would guess but they played other sports instead. That's my opinion.

@ustin said...

I think the real question isn't "why do girls wrestle?" ..but rather why does anyone play basketball?
I mean, seriously?! The discipline, skill, and ability that is demanded of a wrestler absolutely destroys what it takes to be a basketball player.
It's a real injustice to our youth. I mean no wonder 30% of our children are obese. When they are allowed to run up and down the floor a couple times, sparatically shoot a ball through an oversized hoop and then all given icecream and candy at the end for doing a "GOOD JOB".
What a joke!
You want our kids to be healthy again? I say make them wrestle, boys and GIRLS. Nothing forces a kid to watch their weight like mandatory weigh-ins before you even compete. Talk about a healthier America. God bless wrestling!