Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Meaning


I realized after talking with various friends that I had not written about why I chose the title that I did..."The Story is in the Soil". Really, this name came about because of my love for the ever-awesome musician Connor Oberst also known as Bright Eyes. I love the rhythmetic guitar driven melodies and lyrical genius reminiscent of Bob Dylan. Truly Connor Oberst is amazing! But since listening to Bright Eyes and loving most all of his albums, "Lifted or the Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground" is my first love.

As I have meditated on the meaning of this album, I have discovered much application to my own life. For instance, I have found spiritual meaning that possesses me to be more motivated to evangelize effectively. Everyone has their own story and we see the fruit of the seed that was planted within them...sometimes years later. I've also discovered that there is much truth in the concept of reason. Really, the reason in which things are the way they are is not always a mystery. In fact, we uncover many clues that help us see what makes the world spin. So, I decided upon this name for my blog because I find it fascinating to think about the things that are generally looked over...and ponder over reason, despite a definitive. Basically, I see the plant/tree/fruit, but wonder about the seed...why not blog about the wonder? About the growth?

3 comments:

i am Ryan said...

that's some wonderful insight jeff. something I can always count on you for. perhaps I will have to listen to this inspirational and revealing album. it will be difficult, because I am just now beginning to like Bright Eyes, but I will give it the ol' college try.

and we are in agreement on the malt issue. they are the bastard children of milkshakes who deserve no love or pity.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
.:meagan.rae:. said...

Aah! I see! Thank you for enlightening us! :) I like the name even more now.